Clinical research interfaces with experimental research and aims to improve the coverage of human pathologies.
Necker-Enfants Malades and Cochin (HUPC), two hospitals belonging to the Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, offer extraordinary opportunities to lead clinical research projects:
- Strong interaction between care and clinical as well as experimental researches
- Doctors and researchers considered as key opinion leaders in their domain
- High quality technical platforms
The clinical research structure Paris Descartes Necker Cochin helps investigators at all stages of their projects, thanks to the sharing capabilities between different structures:
- Two hospitals, belonging to Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris (APHP), acting in the Paris Descartes University framework
- Two complementary structures : the Clinical Research Unit (URC), coordinated by the Direction de la Recherche Clinique et de l’Innovation (DRCI) from APHP; and the perinatal Clinical Investigation Center (CIC P1419, APHP and Inserm)
We are the leader of French clinical research structures in terms of activity, whatever the considered pathologies, and the first in Europe considering the perinatal pathologies.
We have numerous local collaborations, including the IHU (Universitary Hospital Institute) “genetic diseases” in Necker-Enfants Malades, the DHU (Universitary Hospital department) “risks in pregnancy” in Cochin, the Center of Research in epidemiology and Statistics Sorbonne Paris Cité; but also national and international collaborations.
The first objective of our structure is to help investigators at all stages of their project from protocol writing to publication. We make available the necessary tools for the successful realization of their projects, such as methodological, organizational and budgetary approaches.
A secondary objective is to develop a high-quality methodological research, especially in drug related domains. This is achieved by modeling approaches adapted to perinatal and pediatric pathologies but also rare diseases.
Our third objective, in accordance with our university status, is to improve clinical research education and training. More than 500 hours of teaching and an attractive web site are dedicated to clinical research theme.